Sunday, July 17, 2011

I love the life I live. My laughter and my tears I don't know where it's going but I like it like it tis.

April 14, 2010

I listened to Brother Ali's song Fresh Air today and I would like to share this with you now: I honor and give thanks for the words, work and spirit of Brother Ali and the music he makes.

When I listen to some of his songs I feel light in me. Today as I listened and danced I was able to give up a little of my grief. It's not lost on me that great joy is an enormous depth of feeling, a gray area where joy overlaps grief in such a strange way; after all, they live in the same house. It is a fine and subtle mystery.

Today I tried to give up a little, live up to my desire, let go of my desire, to breath freely and clearly, to let the music in me, let myself out clearly, up and up and out, if even for a moment... like swift wind on the shoreline in a moment of sure integrity.

3 comments:

fremenine said...

Hello old friend,

I'm glad your back, and eating up your words. They are delicious as ever.

Love and peace to you.

And, let's see each other before you move on, if we can.

conniewonnie13 said...

Hi Emma:) You are the first to find me since my hiatus - I like that. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey its amy g. Please call me at 507 235 9765 or 9763 or 9758.