Friday, June 09, 2006

Family Snapshots

I've been searching for and trying to download a single picture by a photographer who's work I deeply respect and admire...Turns out her work is heavily gaurded, protected and otherwise off limits to the pilfering masses and since that obviously includes me, you're looking at my awesome nephew. Since the day he was born he's been teaching me how to make the photos I love the best.

Alongside all the fancy art books I have on my bookshelves are my photo albums. A few of the albums are fancy pictures from trips abroad, but mostly they're family pictures. Some of these pictures I flat out stole from my mom (remember: amateurs borrow, artists steal), but most of them are probably just like yours: random get togethers, the occasional oh-that's-a-strange-picture, sleepovers with cousins, holidays blah blah blah...

I've looked at these photos a gajillion times. I never get tired of them. These are the kind of pictures I want to make for the rest of my life.

No comments: