Monday, October 06, 2008

The Music Section: Part Two: James

About a week ago I had the chance to go see one of my all time favorite bands at the Fine Line Music Cafe in Minneapolis (the last time I saw them play was in 1992 at the Vic Theater in Chicago). One of my favorite moments from last week's show was watching Tim Booth stand in the middle of the stage (the stage at the Fine Line is very small) with eight other musicians playing as many instruments all around him; he closed his eyes and stood there smiling and listening. I really dig active listening - it's as much a pleasure to "see" as to experience.

It's always a breathtaking, beautiful sight to see someone clearly doing what they love with all that they are, with all that they have to offer as creative beings. I love these guys. Love, love, love, love them:)




No comments: